County Clerk-Recorder - Julie Bustamante

Clerk Forms

Forms Viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader
Click here for free Adobe Acrobat Reader

Passport Information

Passports are processed by the Tax Collector's office - contact them at (530) 251-2705.

Fictitious Business Name Information

Checklist for Starting a New Business
Fictitious Business Name Statement and Instructions
Fictitious Business Withdrawal
Fictitious Business Withdrawal Instructions
Abandonment of Fictitious Business
Abandonment of Fictitious Business Instructions

Marriage Information

Marriage License Application
Request Certified Copy of Confidential Marriage License BY MAIL
Domestic Partnership Registry (State of California)
Name Equality Act (What You Should Know)

Recorder Forms

Document Cover Sheet
Preliminary Change of Ownership Report
Death of Real Property Owner Form
Transfer Between Parent & Child Form
Transfer Between Grandparent and Grandchild
Electronic Death Registration System (EDRS) Communication Sheet
Request to Revise EDRS Record

Request for Vital Records:
For your convenience, you can process online requests through VitalChek Network, Inc., an independent company that we have partnered with to provide this service. VitalChek can be reached through their web site at or by clicking the "On-line" link below. You will be charged an additional non-refundable $7 fee by VitalChek for using this service. All major credit cards are accepted, including American Express®, Discover®, MasterCard® or Visa®.

Fee for certified copies as of JANUARY 1, 2014:
Certified Copy – Birth Certificate $25
Certified Copy – Death Certificate $21
Disposition Permit $12
Certified Copy - Marriage Certificate $15
Request for Certified Birth Record
On-line or By Mail
Request for Certified Death Record On-line or By Mail
Request for Certified Marriage Record On-line or By Mail

Notary Consumer Disclosure Requirement  (SB 1050)

Board Forms

Agenda Request Form

Claim for Damages

Application for Appointment to Behavioral Health Advisory Board

Application for Appointment to Boards, Committees, or Commissions

Application for PSA2 Area Agency on Aging

Assessment Appeal Application

How to Appeal the Assessed Value of Residential Property