Contact Our Department
- 107 S. Roop
Susanville, CA 96130
- (530) 251-8212
- (530) 257-9160
Duties of the Probation Department
Role and responsibilities of the Probation Department are several and of statutory origin.
- Investigates and makes recommendations to the courts relative to the sentencing of individuals convicted of crime
- Assumes responsibility for supervision of those persons who are placed on probation and returned to the community
- Interacts with the probationer for purposes of deterring the probationer from re-offending and encouraging, instead, his rehabilitation
- Keeps complete and accurate records of results of probationary supervision and reporting promptly and accurately to the court the results of supervision and any violation of court orders or the terms and conditions of probation
- Receives referrals from law enforcement pertaining to allegedly delinquent or beyond-control minors, evaluates and processes those referrals for purposes of either referring those cases for services or to the DA for filing a petition for intervention by the Juvenile Court, or in the case of beyond-control allegations files the petition itself; operates and manages the County's juvenile detention/residential treatment facilities and home supervision program.
Voting Rights for Californians with Criminal Convictions or Detained in Jail or Prison - Elections & Voter Click HERE.